On Monday, I started my new role as a studio member / photographer for Pixifoto based in Mothercare. To start my training, I was sent to Romford to possibly the biggest Mothercare I have ever been to in my life with at least 6 businesses inside one store. It’s also opposite the hospital so you had expectant mums in pyjamas out for a walk to hurry little one along, parents with babies literally 2-3 days new grabbing essentials on the way home and a variety of clientele in between!
Over the five days, I learnt …
- About the company I’m working for
- Shadowing talented girls doing shoots from bumps, newborns, families and seeing it through from posing to photography to editing to ordering the products they had chosen to showcase the images.
- Telesales and Courtesy Calls
- Approaching the public
- Booking and managing the appointment systems
- Ensuring I know how to use the ordering systems
- Starting to get to grips with the camera and studio lights
- And so much more, I can’t completely remember!
In five days, there was so much information but I can’t wait to get into my studio and start to understand how it’s all going to work. But am so pleased to have this weekend to recover!